Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Craft Shows

Craft Shows

In September of 2013, I started attending local craft shows as a vendor selling my premade scrapbook albums, scrapbook pages, altered chipboard albums, and my lunchbag albums.
While I didn't make a lot of money, I did meet plenty of new people.  I was able to hand out over 150 business cards and actually SHOW people what I do.
I had so many great conversation with people about their kids, their family, and just life in general.  I even met a high school kid that got so excited about my idea of making these scrapbook albums ready for 4 by 6 photos.  He took one of my business cards and said he was telling his dad about me.  He said that his dad was a photographer.  This was great news!!  I was so excited that other people GET what I do and get just as EXCITED!!  It was great!!
Another lady that I met had been scrapbooking for years for herself and other people.  She told me how well priced my scrapbook albums were.  She said that most people who are not scrapbookers, do not know just how much time and money go into making an album.  SO TRUE!!  She also took a business card and said she would send anyone my way who needed a scrapbook done because she had stopped doing it for others.  She was a lovely lady!!
Others had no idea what it was that I was selling until I TALKED to them and SHOWED them the albums.  They were so surprised!!  Even though I had a sign that said "Made Just For You Scrapbooks", at least one scrapbook laying open for them to see the pages, and 20 or so other albums laying on the table.
It amazed me that no one knew what I did until I told them!!  So, between my husband and I we had to CATCH everyone who came by with interest and TELL them WHAT I was SELLING!!
This not only drew people in, but made them engage in conversation with us about my business.  I left all of my shows with a lot of great potential.  So many people were INTERESTED in what I did and LOVED the idea!!  That's all I needed was for people to GET IT!!  And now, so many more people do!!
Here is a photo of me at my craft show at Milford High School!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment