Thursday, May 8, 2014

Scrapbook Album Sizes

What size scrapbook album should I use?

Okay, so you're ready to scrapbook!!  Right?  But now you need to know which size scrapbook album is right for you!!  Well, here are a few thoughts to consider.
What is it that you are scrapbooking?
How many photo do you want to scrapbook?
How many stories or journaling do you want to include?
Here are the most popular choices of scrapbook album sizes:
12 by 12
8 1/2 by 11
8 by 8
All of these albums come with 20 pages, but you could add more if you wanted.
Do you want to crop your photos or make all the mats for 4 by 6 photos?
This is what I do!!  In a 12 by 12 scrapbook album  I usually have 36-50 photo mats for 4 by 6 photos.  If you do too many, in my opinion, there isn't much room left for embellishment.  Totally my opinion, though, your album is YOUR album.  See sample below!
In an 8 1/2 by 11 album, I generally do 20-30 photo mats for 4 by 6 photos.  I do this by overlapping some of the photo mats and using a moveable adhesive.  That way the mat stays down until your ready to put your  photo in and then you can push the mat back down with the adhesive.  See sample below!!
An 8 by 8, I usually do 20-30 photo mats, using the same technique as the 8 1/2 by 11.  Most of the time I just do one photo per page, which would be just 20 photos.  See sample below!!
I hope this helps you out as to which scrapbook album you would like to use!!  Please contact me with any ideas or thoughts that you might have.  I enjoy talking to people who enjoy what I do.
If you would like to see any of my premade scrapbook albums that I sell, simply click on the "My Ebay Store" selection at the top of this page.  Also, like me on Facebook, click on the tab at the top that says "My Facebook Page".

No comments:

Post a Comment