Beyond the Scrapbook

I have done other projects besides scrapbook albums using scrapbooking supplies.
One of these projects was a memory box that my son built at Home Depo.  We used to go to Home Depo every month for their Kids Workshop.  My kids would build all kinds of things from bird houses to pencil boxes and more.  We did this for years!
One month they built these memory boxes that I just thought were the cutest things.  I had this great idea to "scrapbook it."
What do I mean by that?
Well, I used decoupage glue and glued decorative scrapbooking paper to each of the sides of the box. You spread the decoupage glue all over the surface, place your cut-to-size paper on it and then decoupage glue over top of the paper.  This gives it a glazed top.
Before I glued the paper, though, I took brown ink and inked all the edges of the box and of the paper.  I did this to give it an antique look.
Here is the finished product!!  My son loves it even though it has flowers on it.  I think he likes it so much because he and I made it together!!  
Great family times together!!