Saturday, March 22, 2014

Decoupage/Scrapbooking Vase

Decoupage/Scrapbooking Vase

This is a unique techique that I learned from a lady at the church we used to attend.  She taught a few of us ladies the art of decoupage.  That night I decoupaged a wine bottle with nature photos from magazines.  It was beautiful with birds, butterflies, and anything else throughout the magazines she brought that interested me.
It got me to thinking about a project for my mom.  So, I decided to ask this lady for another wine bottle so that I could create one for my mom.  This is that creation!!! 
I decorated it, instead, with old family photos that I printed on regular copy paper.  I also used scrapbook paper.  The photos are of my mom, her mom, her uncle, her dad, and her grandma and grandpa.
I purchased from my local craft store some ribbon, and flowers.  I decided to make it into a vase.  It turned out incredible!!
She loves it and it is displayed on my grandmother's old corner shelf in my mom's living room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment