Thursday, March 6, 2014

Scrapbooking Letter Names

Scrapbooking Letter Names

I saw these letters at the store and had to have them for my boys' rooms.  Of course, being crafty as I am, I wanted to scrapbook them.  These letters are 9 inches tall by 6 inches wide.  I found coordinating scrapbook paper that I wanted to use and I was ready.
I traced each letter on the paper I wanted to use and then cut it out just about 1/8 inch inside the traced line.  I wanted the white edge of the letters to show some.  Then I glued each piece of paper to each letter.
Then came the fun part of decorating each letter.  I really got creative here!!  I found all my scrapbook embellishments in the coordinating colors and just started placing things on each letter until I was satisfied.  Then I started glueing, tying, and making it all stick.
I used ribbon, buttons with thread, magic mesh, metal swirls, small paper picture frames, and acrylic words.  Finally finished, I decided to add an even more playful effect, and hang them at different heights and angles.
My boys loved them!!  Now several years later, they are still hanging!!  They may even hang there until they move out!! (hahahaaha)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment