Thursday, March 13, 2014

Family Heritage

Family Heritage

My hallway of history!!
My hallway walls are all about my family's history!!!  One wall (side) of the hallway is my side of the family and the other wall (side) of the hallway if my husband's side of the family.
Family history if my second favorite hobby, after scrapbooking.  My mom and I started doing our family history in about 2000.  We started just a little too late, I suppose.  In our research, we found out that my mother's last living aunt had passes away 2 months before we started.  Wow!!  What luck!!
However, that didn't stop us!!  We were determined to find more history and most of all photos.  See, we only had 1 photo!!  Yeah, that little!!
Through our research, over the past almost 14 years, we now have over 300 photos!!  It's amazing!!  We have found out some wonderful and terrible things about our family!!  Like my great grandmother and grandmother were both in orphanages!!  My great grandmother was not the best mother we have found out, but my grandmother had 7 children and was an amazing mom!!
I have also done a little research on my dad's side of the family.  I do not have a lot of photos of this side, but I have done a small scrapbook of his side.  I'll share that later, and  I'll share some more photos of my mom's side in scrapbooks too.  There are a lot!!!
The photo below is the other side of the hallway, my husband's side of the family.  Again, I don't have a lot of research, but enough for a couple scrapbooks that I'll share another time!!  One photo is missing of his grandmother.  I'm having a hard time getting a photo of her.  She doesn't like her photo taken and everyone who does have one hasn't gotten it to me yet.  Grrr!!
I hope you have enjoyed my family history in my hallway!!  It makes me take a trip back in time!!  I hope I have inspired you in some way to research your family history, start scrapbooking, or just encourage you in some way!!  Let me know your thoughts, please!!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful wall displays, the frames really set off the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! It was a little bit pricey and time consuming, but totally worth it!!!

      Delete