Saturday, March 15, 2014

Organized Scrapbooking

Organized Scrapbooking

Since I have been scrapbooking for so many years, I have read a lot of scrapbooking books and magazines.  In order to keep peace at my house in the organization category, I needed to scale down my library.  When I would get my magazines each month, I would dogear any layout I liked or great idea. So, when it came time to scale down, I was able to do this quite easily.  During my free time (yeah right, like that ever happens!!  (hahaha) ) I would tear out those pages that I had dogeared, and throw away the rest of the magazine.  Then, I cut out all those great page layout ideas and glued them on cardstock and put them in a book.  Just like I did for my inspirational pages.
I decided to make it easier on myself when "scrappers block" hits.  I organized all these cutout layouts by how many photos were on them.  I grouped all of them together.  All the 2 photo layouts together, all the 3 photo layouts together, etc.  I put them in sheet protectors after they were glued to the cardstock.  Then, I made number tabs to divide them.
Now when I have no ideas for a specific layout pattern, I go to my "Layout Binder".  I figure out how many photos I want to use, and then look up that number in my binder.  I have about 20 different layouts per number of photos, lots of variety.  I, then, pick which layout I think best fits my photos.  Now, I don't use the same color scheme as the layout, but I do try to use patterned paper where they used patterned paper, cardstock where they used cardstock, stickers or embellishment where they used them, etc.
Sometimes I start with coping the layout and end up doing some really cool and different things.  It really helps to just get the juices flowing sometimes.  It also helps me to get my scrapbooking done faster, without agonizing over HOW I'm going to do the layout the best that I can.
I try to make things easier on myself so that I can get a lot done.  Because you know we are always behind when we are scrapbooking, right?
Here is a look at my "Layout Binder" that I created!!  Yes, I decorated it too, to look like a book, just like my boys' scrapbook binders!!
This is the tabs I use as dividers.
These are ideas of layouts using 2 photos.
These are 2 page layouts showing how to use 3 photos.
These are 2 page layouts showing how to use 4 photos.
These are 2 page layouts showing how to use 6 photos.
These are 2 page layouts showing how to use 8 photos.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my creation!!  I do try to keep all of my scrapbooking supplies organized and decluttered.  Maybe this tip can help you get organized too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment