Friday, July 4, 2014

Using Ribbon in Scrapbooking

Using Ribbon

 
Have you ever thought about using ribbon in your scrapbooking?  It can be very useful and very decorative!!  This is a photo of an album I made for my husband for our 10 year wedding anniversary.  I used ribbon in it in various ways as you can see.  Just strips across the page and tying bows.  You can also tye ribbons and use them as corners to your photos.  I used that technique in one of my wedding/anniversary albums that I am selling.  It's very cute!!
Another way to use ribbon on your scrapbook pages is to use them tyed on your tags.  These tags can be decorated or undecorated so that you could journal on them.  Sometimes these tags also look great with brads in them along with the ribbon.  I do this alot in my scrapbook albums.  I think it gives them a more defined look, but your pages are YOURS.  You make the decisions on your pages to fit your taste.  I'm just giving you some ideas.
This page I used green ribbon with white polka dots.  It breaks up the page some and because my photo mats and embellishments cover some of it, it isn't so overwhelming.  Sometimes if you have it in the same area across a two page spread it can look like too much.  So, by covering some of it up, you get just the right amount.  Still, this is to YOUR liking, not mine.  This is just what I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment